Saturday, June 5, 2010

A little luck.


It is incredible what a little bit of luck, perseverance, and internet browsing can do. Up until about three weeks ago, I had no idea where I would end up. All I knew was that I had to get the hell out of Tampa, and I had to get out fast. My name had been dragged through mud, sleet, snow, and hail, and I was sick and tired of seeing the same faces and hearing the same names, and the same dramatic situations that I had put up with for the last five years. I was tired of letting people into my life, only to be let down over and over.

I am the first to admit I have flaws. Everyone does. But to be hurt intentionally by those you called your friends... now that's just fucked up.

But enough about that.

Back to my luck:
It just so happens that my room faces the big city. That's right: Washington, DC... I can see the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument... They are both beautiful, and every time I look out my window, I am reminded of how lucky I am to be here. How this is the beginning of something new and exciting, and a reminder that I'm going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment