Thursday, June 3, 2010

From bankrupt family to big city feminist.

The small town feminist moves to a big city.
This week is all about changes. I move into my new apartment today. DC is everything and more I imagined it to be. On the drive up from Florida, my ears popped, a sure sign of a mountainous region... at least, that's what I thought. I kept looking at Michele and screaming while pointing: "Baby! Baby! a mountain!" With the annoyed reply of "No Janive, that's a hill." Anything compared to Florida is a mountain. At least for me.
I have officially sacrificed my sanity, my relationship, and my contacts down south, in order to start a new life here. In the capital of this (not so) great country we live in. Through this blog, I might be able to achieve something BIGGER than myself, and maybe... just maybe, become that incredible activist that I have always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment